Wednesday 17 October 2007

Rugby & frogs

The usually very French Lyon has been invaded by Rugby fans. Although through the summer you could occasionally hear the odd English or American accent, it’s pretty much just French here. Suddenly the town has grown in size – and not just through volume of people, but individual size too. It is very rare to see any really fat French – bring on the worlds assortment of Rugby fans! What better place to be than in France when England gets off to such an incredible start. Incredible for the lack of any points whatsoever that is. Lucky for us that the French lost the football to Scotland last week so they can’t be too cocky.

Update as I didn’t publish this in time… oh how things have turned arou
nd with England through to the final! Woo hoo, bring on Saturday. How on earth do you approach a team who has thrashed you in the opening stages? We shall see.

For those of you who read my Korean blog, you may remember a particular blog entry where I wondered what happened if you kissed a large gold Frog – hoping particularly that it would turn into an extra rich prince. Not the case it would seem. I can safely say that if you kiss a large gold frog, it turns into a….. frog. Yes, I can now reveal that shortly after arriving in France I did kiss a frog – not a large inanimate gold one this time, but in the form of a French man, and he is now my boyfriend. Considering it is year of the Golden Pig out in Korea, it’s lucky I didn’t kiss a pig I reckon – although you could argue I have done in the past!


Here is the man in question... Guillaume! (oh what an easy one to pronounce and spell for a Brit!)

No comments: